THE HARROGATE CANDLE COMPANY BLOG
A person’s well-being isn’t just about eating healthily or making sure we don’t get ill, but it is a complex combination of a person's physical, mental, emotional and social health factors. Wellbeing is strongly linked to happiness and life satisfaction.
Here are some tips on how to improve your well-being:
- Exercise - Some light exercise will keep you focussed and motivated. When exercising you release endorphins which improve your mood.
- Ask for help - Always remember its ok to ask for help when you need it. ...
- Lighten colours and tone - We can’t all re-decorate our homes to match the latest season but simple things can be done to lift the colours. Replacing throws & cushions with light, fresh colours can really bring a new edge to your interiors.
- Spring clean - Not just giving your house a tickle round with a duster and hoover, but have a clear out. Clearing surfaces and aiming for a more minimal look will simplify your space and make it feel cleaner and bigger.
- Flowers - Nothing brings Spring in to your home like fresh...
- Resolutions - Everyone’s moto in January is to save money, exercise more, eat healthier and spend more quality time with the people we love. This doesn’t have to mean you can’t leave the house and all you can eat are vegetables! Why not organise friends to come round for a dinner party, challenge your friends to a healthy cooking competition or use the Wii for some fun games.
- Wardrobe Rehab - With all those new Christmas presents and with a new year in front of you, why not have a clear out! Organise your bedroom or...
This is one of our favourite cakes to whip up! The recipe is very easy to follow and with this fabulous mix of orange and cinnamon it makes us feel all festive!
To start you will need to have:
250 g self raising flour
100 g butter
100 g sugar
2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons orange juice
2 tablespoons honey
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
Grated zest of one
Some icing sugar to sprinkle on top of the cake
Start by pre heating the oven to 160 C.
Prepare a cake tin and line with baking paper.
Make sure you sift the flour into a bowl and add the cinnamon and grated...
- Get out and about – We all know the weather can be very hit and miss, but sometimes getting outdoors is just what your need. Wrapping up and taking a stroll will boost your intake of vitamin D and help you connect with the outdoors
- Retail Therapy – Since it is starting to get cooler and the summer clothing is being pushed to the back of the wardrobe, it would be rude to not buy a few new pieces! A new jumper or pair of...
½ lime, peeled and seeded
1 cup honeydew
1 cup fresh baby spinach
1 tbsp fresh mint
½ cup water if needed
Ice as needed
Blend in your blender until smooth and enjoy!
Inspire - Stress Buster orange smoothie
2 ripe bananas, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces (frozen for at least 2 hours)
1 cup orange juice
1 orange, peeled and cut up into chunks
¾ cup almond milk (or low-fat)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 carrot, peeled and cut up into 1 inch pieces
Ice (if you are not using frozen bananas you will want to add a few cubes of ice)
- RAW COCOA - This fabulous ingredient is high in magnesium. It also contains tryptophan which releases the feel good hormone serotonin. One of our personal favs!
- AVOCADO - Who doesn’t love a good salad with avocado?! It is full of B vitamins and is very low in sugar. Avocado contains the healthy fats that help with brain function and can improve your mood!
- NUTS & SEEDS - These little fellows are great for a cheeky snack. They are packed full of healthy fats such as omega 3 and packed full...
There are many natural substances that have amazing benefits for health and beauty, but one we want to share with you today is limes! Here are a few ways in which limes and lime juice can help
The citric acid in limes is a superb fat burner, if you add lime juice to water this is a great way to deliver it into your system. Just drinking 2 glasses a day you will see results.
Lime juice and its natural oils when applied to the skin or consumed, as mentioned earlier, can be very beneficial. It has antibiotic and disinfectant properties, rejuvenates the skin, keeps it shining and protects it from infections....